Friday, August 17, 2012

Untitled



The room is filled up tight, my love
With words we never said.
They drowned out laughter, tears, and pleas
Inside my aching head.
You never want to answer me
The questions that I bring.
You only want to lie and cheat
While handing me a ring.
That simply isn’t good enough
The walls have eyes tonight.
They see the things you’ve done to me,
They see the way we fight.
The windows listen to the final blow
As I storm away.
While the moon lights up the way to go
Since I just cannot stay.
So when you’re sitting in that worn out chair,
The one you held me in,
You can talk to what you’ve built around
Your little life of sin.
Maybe they can make you see
By recounting our last breath
That you’re not strong enough to treat me right,
That I scare you to death.


No comments:

Post a Comment