Friday, August 17, 2012

A Moonlight Meeting


I met you in the moonlight
In a garden made of stone.
Dressed in mourning, drunk on wine
Standing all alone.
Morbid thoughts, they plagued my mind
Until I saw you smile.
How could I stop my stony tears?
It had been a lonely while.
It surprised me when you said my name.
Who knew the dead could speak?
Even after all that’s passed
Your presence made me weak.
Assurance that you’ll be just fine
Spilled forth from your form.
But such words only cut me deep;
Since you left I’ve not been warm.
So tell me, love, if you can
How is it that you deal
So well with being far from me
While my heart just won’t heal?
By the time I made my way back home
What peace I had was lost.
It’s so like you to prove a point
No matter what the cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment