Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Castle



My life, a tragic kingdom
Is crumbled into dust.
My eyes, so full of steel and pain
Are sure about to rust.
My mind, a fucked up parody
Of what it used to be.
My body like a broken toy
All of this is me.
And here I stand alone again
A fortress hard with time.
With only cracks and broken glass
To assure me you were mine.
Only now the ways are different
From what they used to be.
The roles that we once held so close
Are but a memory.
Where once I was the galliant queen
Now I am the castle.
Lying in my careless state
Because I wasn’t worth the hassle.
When the wind and rain and bitter snow
Once again come near
It is without protection I must stand
In all my stately fear.
And when my stone façade decides to cave
And I am a hill of sand
Perhaps my king shall return at last
To hold me in his hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment