Thursday, August 16, 2012

Poetry for the Twenty-First Century

If you just happened on this blog and you don't know me personally, I am a writer. I write novels and I write poetry. The thing is, agents don't want to see poetry so one can assume that means that publishers are probably just as uninterested in it. Perhaps they think no one is interested in it anymore and maybe they are right. However, I have loved poetry most of my life. Not just from the writing side of things but also as a reader. I love Emily Dickinson, I love the poems of Poe, I love Robert Burns, I love Whitman and Frost...and I can't help but think that I am not alone in this. I do not think that poetry as a genre or as an art is dead. I am also tired of writing poems so I can eventually fill up a notebook and toss it in the closet with all the rest of them. So this is my solution for that. Using this blog, I intend to eventually post all that crap I've been rhyming for years. My poems are very diverse. Some tell stories while others are there simply to rant and rave. Some are sad, some are funny, some are great, and others? Eh. haha But if you are like me and you do not think that poetry should be overlooked by the literary world feel free to read these snippets of my twisted mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment