Friday, August 17, 2012

A Modern Day Atlantis Tale


          
                                                 
                                                This city buried in the sea
                                              Is all that’s left of you and me.
                                               All the treasure, all the pain
                                            Were buried deep in pounding rain.
                                              I shook my fist at God above
                                              For taking it, my place of love.
                                          But some things, I guess, are for the best.
                                             This immortal city had to rest.
                                            Too tired to sleep, so wide awake;
                                            For centuries sitting about to break.
                                            Perhaps the houses weighed it down
                                            And only ghosts were left to drown.
                                            But still the place was magic then
                                            The greatest world of joy and sin.
                                             To you, to me, and to our life
                                             She was like a faithful wife.
                                           Too bad your faith was not as strong
                                        And this love of ours couldn’t last as long
                                          Before into the roaring sea it crashed
                                           The waves upon the earth it lashed.
                                          You could’ve gone, I could’ve stayed
                                          And with the spirits I could’ve played.
                                            Without regrets, without remorse,
                                             Instead I failed to see the force.
                                            And like a fool I followed you;
                                           So pissed, so scared of all you do.
                                       While we cursed and fought and told our lies
                                         Those who stayed called out their cries.
                                       Now both our love and that precious world
                                         Has cost me more than I could afford.
                                        To lose you both has brought me here
                                         And as the water comes I have no fear.
                                            I’ll go and be with what I am,
                                             The happy sacrificial lamb.
                                         Don’t weep for me when you get word
                                            The very act just seems absurd.
                                           Just know that I’m content and bright
                                          Drinking and laughing in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment