Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5-7-06



I’ve waited for you oh so long
In this castle by the sea.
Made of bricks worn down by time
So much like you and me.
I listen to the waves crash on,
They’re whispering your name
Telling me that since you left
I haven’t been the same.
The angel you left over me
To protect me and to guide
Told me while we watched the moon
He’s sure to me you’ve lied.
That knight who stayed with us last spring
Said to me last night
“Put down that pen and take my sword!
He’s winning sure this fight!”
So, Prince Charming, is there truth
To what our friends have said?
Have you left me here all locked up tight
So you might be free instead?
If that is so I must explain
How it is I feel.
I don’t know what your stories said
But I won’t be made to kneel
Let alone to cry and beg;
You are so confused.
I was a wild one before you came
No way will I be used!
So take that charm and all your words
Ride out on your high horse!
An abandoned princess is not so bad
I suppose I could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment