Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Strange Wish



I want so much to lose my mind
To any given cause.
Just go about stark raving mad
Through dimly lighted halls.
The people all would whisper loud
Within their little group.
But I would laugh and point their way
The chickens in their coupe.
To hell with all society
No one knows what’s best.
So many say to live your life
And not bother with the rest.
Those same folks would worry, though
If a madman came to call.
Even if they adored his wit
They’d hope that no one saw.
Unlike most who aren’t quite right
That doesn’t bother me.
If there’s no rules to break or bind
How can you be free?
I would like to see the world go back
Perhaps one hundred years
So there would be so many ways
That I could live their fears.
Since no one is genteel enough
To be outraged by what I do
I’ll live inside my own strange world
Where it’s shocking to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment