Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Good Witch's Resolution



Someday my prince will come
Sang Snow White hopefully
So sure that it would be that way,
Poor girl, she couldn’t see.
Like Sleeping Beauty laying still
With her kingdom sound asleep
How sad that it should take so long
Her true love was a creep.
But isn’t that the way it goes?
You wait and wait for years
But when love comes it’s not so sweet
You’re left in chains and tears.
To hell with that, I’ve had my fill.
I think I’m just worn out.
I’ve danced the balls and met the beasts
And walked away in doubt.
I’ll be the old witch in the woods
Her spells all brewing hot.
Magick stirring ‘round my house
To protect me from the lot.
That’s just fine, yes, grand indeed
In fact, it’s for the best.
My potent potion, the bright full moon,
I don’t need all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment